Flea and Tick Service
Carpets, tile, floor rugs and even joints between wood flooring can become a home for fleas. Fleas can also find a home in furniture cushions and pet pillows. Metro Guard has the expertise to eliminate fleas and ticks from your home or business. Pre-adult fleas can make up as much as 99% of a flea population. It is important to control not just the adult fleas, but all four stages of a flea infestation. Metro Guard uses high quality products that impact fleas and ticks in all stages. We apply growth regulators to keep pre-adult fleas from maturing and breeding. Our products can control fleas or ticks for up to seven months. Treating is a simple process but it requires the customer’s help in a few areas before service:
- Pets must be treated for fleas and kept away during treatment (many customers take their pets to be dipped during the time they need to leave the structure – see number 6 below)
- Infested areas must be cleared (even under beds)
- Vacuum all rugs and mop all floors – seal and dispose of the vacuum bag outside – this is a very important step
- Mow the yard if the outside is to be treated
- Show us where your pets rest or where the infestation is the worst
- Prepare to leave after the structure is treated for 2-4 hours
- Limit traffic over treated areas for 24 hours
After the service is completed these instructions should be followed:
- Give the insecticide time to work – it is common to see fleas up to 3 weeks after service as pupae emerge from their protective cocoons
- Vacuum daily (if possible) to stimulate the emergence of the pupae so they become exposed to insecticide. The vacuum noise and vibration will stimulate the pupae to emerge.
- Fleas exposed to the insecticide may still bite while the product is affecting them. So, biting fleas does not always mean the treatment needs to be re-done.